Subject: Re(2): Floppy drive access??
To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Moyer <jmoyer@cortland.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/26/1996 01:10:20
> > [...] One thing
> > I can't figure, however, is how to access the internal floppy drive.
> > Unfortunately, the IWM and SWIM chips used to access the floppies are =
both
> proprietary and undocumented.  Apple hasn't been particularly =
forthcoming
> with the information, as I understand it.

First, forgive the belated response.  I'm a little behind on my email.  =
Only 293
more message to go, the oldest being from the 4th ;-)

I may sound a little silly here, but has anyone tried contacting Wozniak =
about
this?  *If* you could get a hold of him he would probably be more than =
happy to
help out with this one.  After all, AFIAK, he designed the IWM and =
probably the
SWIM *and* he and sympathizes(sp?) the "hobbyist in the garage" approach =
doing things. :-)

I know, it sounds silly, but I have heard that getting in touch with him =
isn't
impossible.  If fact, I've heard it's not too difficult at all -- if you =
know
where to start looking.  I would suggest the Voter Registration Dept. of =
the
county that he lives in.  You can get his address (or anyone else's) that =
way
and then write him a letter.  :-)

Just a thought. ;-)
--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
------

------------------ Enclosed/Nested Letter Follows ------------------
> > [...] One thing
> > I can't figure, however, is how to access the internal floppy drive.
>
> Unfortunately, the IWM and SWIM chips used to access the floppies are =
both
> proprietary and undocumented.  Apple hasn't been particularly =
forthcoming
> with the information, as I understand it.

First, forgive the belated response.  I'm a little behind on my email.  =
Only 293 more message to go, the oldest being from the 4th ;-)

I may sound a little silly here, but has anyone tried contacting Wozniak =
about this?  *If* you could get a hold of him he would probably be more =
than happy to help out with this one.  After all, AFIAK, he designed the =
IWM and probably the SWIM *and* he and sympathizes(sp?) the "hobbyist in =
the garage" approach to doing things. :-)

------------------ End of Enclosed/Nested Letter ------------------