Subject: Re: Does your SE/30 reboot?
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/25/1996 20:22:51

On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Scott Reynolds wrote:
> I'm running a IIx, and up until last week, I had this same problem.  It's
> mysteriously vanished.

Well, this used to be a problem on my Mac IIci.  It seems that this
problem as well as some others (beeps not beeping, for example) are
transient.  _I_ think it has to do with some insidious error in the way
the Mac's memory map is set up, since these problems seem to depend on
where the relevant code ends up in memory.  (The last time my beep
stopped beeping, I threw away a useless kernel config option, making the
kernel smaller, and my beep came back.)