Subject: sun 3/60 binaries....
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Raymond Canfield <rcanfiel@cst.digex.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/24/1996 11:17:45
Ok, some STRANGE things have occurred while looking at these binaries on
the MacBSD side....

on the 3/60 side the `file *` command comes up with lists as
 mc68020 demand paged dynamically linked executable
 mc68020 pure dynamically linked executable
or
 mc68020 pure executable

when I take them to the MacBSD side and do the same thing (`file *`) I
get:

8086 relocatable (Microsoft) -- or something.

this comes up for most all of them (only about 5 or 7 out of about ~150
binaries show up as mc68020) the ones that show up as mc68020 run fine,
but the others all core dump...  running gdb only shows that they are
non-executable format and that is about as far as I have taken that...
I want to grab the ld.so off the 3/60s and try it (it lives in
/usr/lib/ld.so, and should have no conflict with the MacBSD ls.so right?

-rwc
  rcanfiel@thetaxi.digex.net
  System Installation / Maintenance - Digital Express Group, Inc.