Subject: New video test kernel
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/23/1996 00:29:38
Ok Classic II folks, the kernel I just sent you probably won't work. Sorry.
I made a new version that should work this time. The original error was quite
silly but it won't crash the kernel or anything but it just won't do what it's
supposed to.

Email me if you'd like me to email you a kernel. I had some trouble with
distributing this way last time and it is obviously not an efficient or
desireable way to disribute a kernel so I'm going to see if I can find a
place to put this stuff up for FTP.

For PB160 users, you guys have two distinct video buffers. One for your LCD
screen and one for your video port. There's a bit of search code in the
startup mapping code that looks for video in the NuBus range. The external port
on the 160 is in that range. Odds are that the search code finds it and uses
that as internal video or gets confused. Could somebody hook a monitor up to
the monitor port on their 160 and see what happens at boot? It looks like
I'll have to kluge in something special for the 160.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill