Subject: Re: March(?) tarballs and GENERIC-7 kernel?
To: Andrew Brennan <brennan@crashprone.hahnemann.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/22/1996 22:23:07
>    I don't know that this is the critical combination, but I believe it's
>    what I'm running (well, I know the kernel version).  The machine is a
>    SE30, but I don't think that is a factor here.
>
>    Anyone seeing anything like this from 'netstat -rn' ??
>
> Destination      Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use    Mtu  Interface
> default          192.54.238.91      UG          4     1686      -  0

That's probably from having binaries out of whack with the kernel.

The GENERIC#5 kernel probably matched your binaries better.
It would be nice if you could try running the 1.2_ALPHA snapshot that
Steve just put up.  Aside from having matching kernel and binaries,
you'd be helping to test things out before 1.2 is released on the
unsuspecting masses...  ;-)

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **