Subject: Re: dt 1.1.4 bug report
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/22/1996 14:30:17
(Sorry to be replying so long after the initial thread)

> On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Jell-O wrote:
>
> > When pppd tells me what my address is, it appears at the bottom of the
> > screen in non-reverse mode (I'm using the reversed-screen option).
>
> dt doesn't grab the console.  My solution, er, workaround, was to disable
> any syslog messages from appearing on /dev/console; man syslog.conf for
> more details.

Huh? On my machine it does, or it seems to. While I'm logged in as root,
I can run dt and all the messages show up on only the first screen
(command-1). If messages arrive while I'm switched to another screen, then
they just get written to the first screen's buffer. I see them when I
switch to it.

At least that's how my 1.1.3 version works.

Take care,

Bill