Subject: Re: Centris 610?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/21/1996 19:09:04
At 09:51 PM 06/16/96, Allen Briggs wrote:
>I think the problem might be more fundamental on the Quadras.  I'm not
>getting slot interrupts at all on my Quadra 700 for some reason.  The
>via2 interrupt comes in and the via is showing a slot interrupt, but
>vBufA isn't showing any interrupts (0xff).  Puzzling.  I haven't looked
>into it far enough to figure out what's going on, but it should affect
>any nubus card the same way that it's affecting the SONIC driver.

This is what I am seeing on a Centris 650 with printf of ~via2_reg(vBufA)
in via2_nubus_intr:

  vBufA = 01000000

via2_nubus_intr was only called once.  When I start pinging another host,
the ae timeout calls nubus_intr and the pattern:

  vBufA = 01010001
  vBufA = 01010001

continues until I kill the pinging.  A nubus interrupt only happened once
on its own.  Slot $D is a Asante nubus ethernet card.

Do you think the bit at 01000000 is the SONIC?  Where can I get a copy of
the SONIC driver?

--
John D. Smerdon;  Livonia, Michigan, USA;  Contents are my opinion.
Home: jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us