Subject: Re: mac68k snapshot
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
From: None <sparta@imsa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/21/1996 13:06:10
When upgrading through an untar from /, the only problem you may have to deal
with is the fact that it won't overwrite open files while its running.  Some
files (like init) are impossible to overwrite from inside NetBSD.

The optimal thing to do is to boot from a miniroot and mount your partitions
up and do the install.  Maybe we should make a miniroot part of the
distribution?

Gene

Thus spake Brad Salai:

--