Subject: Re: MRG, ADB, serial console vs. PRAM time
To: Monroe Williams <monroe@teleport.com>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/21/1996 11:10:54
On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Monroe Williams wrote:

> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 18:36:38 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Monroe Williams <monroe@teleport.com>
> dangerously? 8-)  On later machines (7100, 7500), I've noticed that
> [un]plugging devices while running resets the mouse tracking speed
> to "annoyingly slow" (but not the same as doing it with the control
> panel -- the driver seems confused).

It's probably a software thing.  Which version of MacOS are you using on
the 7100?  My 7100/80 AV has no problem with hot swapping ADB (I have to
disconnect the keyboard to unplug the (powerbook external) modem that gets
its power off the ADB port.  Shutting down isn't an option as it's usually
while my parents are using some other program and I need a decent
connection for the Powerbook or Apple IIgs.  That's with 7.5.1.  7.5 ot
7.5.2 or 7.5.3 may behave differently.  So once again, what version of the
OS (and for that matter, a 7100/66 or 7100/80)?

Just curious... that sounds rather bizarre.

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |