Subject: Internal Video update.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/19/1996 21:16:31
I've added some code to attempt to enable basic video for the Classic II.
I need a tester. Anybody want to volunteer?

I'd also like to hear from anybody whose internal video presently doesn't work.

I think that the patch for the Classic II was the only one that could be added
to the "Kludge" section of video mapping code. All the other cases seem to be
covered...at least in theory. I recall a gentleman whose PB160 video didn't
work or something? I think that the PB160 might have to be handled as a special
case. I want to get as many people going on basic B/W video as possible. This
is Level 0.

Anyway. If this "level" works then I can move on to Level 1 which is adding
full black and white support -> making all internal videos accept the new
graphics ioctls as though they were B/W NuBus cards. It would be nice if this
code gets stable enough to go into the official source tree.

Level 2 will be a physical driver for color and mode switching for the IIvx.
Followed quickly by other systems. I should be able to put together a "hack
pack" so people can get me information on their systems and I can compile in
changes.

We'll see what happens from there.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill