Subject: Re: fstat: No such file or directory
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/18/1996 16:16:21
On Tue, 18 Jun 1996 ADAMGOOD@delphi.com wrote:

> got interesting.  First of all, when I do an 'ls' from within the installer
> it shows me this weird / directory listing:
>
> > ls
<snip>
> fstat : No such file or directory
<snip>

> Anyway, the really good weirdness started when I tried to boot.

The fstat line is an installer bug.  I think it may have been fixed in
1.1.  You can ignore this.  I'm fairly certain that it does that for every
drive (at least it does for every combination of drive I've ever tried.

> Hope this helps someone figure out what's going on.

Just a hunch, boot single user and fsck the root partition.  Then, give it
enough free space to boot multi-user.  Maybe just delete or move some log
files.  Whatever it takes.  Try to get 10% or so free.

Hope that helps/works,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |