Subject: Re: dt 1.1.4 bug report
To: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/18/1996 09:38:35
> When pppd tells me what my address is, it appears at the bottom of the
> screen in non-reverse mode (I'm using the reversed-screen option).

It's probably going out to /dev/ttye0 instead of the terminal for your
dt session.  DT should be able to grab the console output the same way
that xconsole/xterm -C do.

> Another possible bug (at least I thought that it may be) is that I
> cannot open more than four consoles at a time.

How many /dev/ttypX devices do you have?  The installer only creates
four of them.  If you only have those four, you can create more with:

# cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV pty0

That'll get you 16.

-allen

--