Subject: the other way around...
To: mac port <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@early.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/17/1996 20:39:57
ok, call me wierd, but you guys should get a giggle out of this one.

installed Executor 2.0 beta #1 on my linux box.  nice emulator.

ran speedometer2.23 on it to see what would happen.  couldn't do the killer
perf tests since i only had 10 minutes a pop, but using the smaller perf test
i got the following:

386dx33 -- No FPU
20M RAM
Trident 8900c
Adaptec 1542b (IDE?? NEVER!!)

Mac Classic = 1.0

as run under svgalib (8bit color, 640x480)

CPU - 0.404
graphics - 1.098
disk - 4.082
math - 0.200
overall - 1.327

as run under X (X in 8bit color, 800x600, executor in 8bit color 640x480)

CPU - 0.393
graphics - 0.423
disk - 2.319
math - 0.191
overall - 0.767

sucks under X, but not so bad under svgalib.

unfortunately Executor emulates System 6.0.7 which a lot of cool Mac software
doesn't support.  got the messages: This program requires System 7, don't you
think it's about time??

uhm, yea.  tell that to ardi though.

to all who are interested (there are DOS/Win/NEXTSTEP/OS/2 versions available)

http://www.ardi.com

-wonko

****-> Wonko the Sane <--> aka <--> Slack <--> aka <-->  Brian Hechinger <-****
*****   "Love of one is a piece of barbarism: for it is practiced at the  *****