Subject: Re: Perl 5.001 on MacBSD 1.1
To: jcarr <jcarr@wxc.com>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/16/1996 20:33:08
On Sat, 15 Jun 1996, jcarr wrote:

> Ah, hmm shoot I don't remeber but I do have perl 5.002 installed on

I'm in the process of putting 5.002 up for download from the puma ftp
archive.  When it arrives, it will be (approximately) at

ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/contrib/unix/perl-5.002.tar.gz and will
include binaries and docs.

> >pp_sys.c: 2507 conflicting types pp_telldir

That doesn't sound like too bad a problem, unless it's used in two
different spots with different types.  Pretty much, grep the sources for
pp_telldir and figure out what type the real one is and fix it in pp_sys.c
line 2507.  As for where the actual subroutine (do you prefer the word
function?  I can adapt) resides in the source code, no idea whatsoever.

This letter is in response to all the people who responded to my query
about what to put up for ftp download -- I think almost every response
included PERL.

Cheers,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |