Subject: Re: Centris 610?
To: Paul Chapman <pchapman@FIZZ.Phys.Dal.Ca>
From: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/16/1996 20:06:12
At 12:10 PM 06/16/96, Paul Chapman wrote:
>  I noticed that the latest ADBTEST kernel supports ADB on a Centris 610,
>but I understand that there's no support for SCSI or built-in Ethernet.
>However, if I were to go and buy a supported Ethernet card (and a nubus
>adaptor .. sigh), could I run the machine "diskless" with an NFS root?

I am trying to get the same thing to work with a Centris 650 and an Asante
nubus ethernet card.  The problem now is servicing the video interrupts so
that the ethernet interrupts will start showing up.  I can currently ping
another NetBSD system with times of 3000-4000 ms.  This should be 2-3 (?)
ms.

--
John D. Smerdon;  Livonia, Michigan, USA;  Contents are my opinion.
Home: jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us