Subject: Re: Internal Video Update
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/16/1996 16:05:11
>On Sat, 15 Jun 1996, M.R. Zucca wrote:
>
>> 1. Get basic B/W working for virtually everone. It seems to me that a few
>> people still don't have internal video even at the most basic level
>>right now.

I was talking about the folks who still can't use anything but a serial
terminal. I got a message from a fellow with a Classic II, I think. Machines
like that really should have internal video up and going. :)

>I've seen a couple of messages that state that some folks can't use
>current kernels with X or dt, but could use them previous to a number of

DT works OK but X won't work. I assume this is because my shared libraries
are too far out of whack with my kernel. For instance, man doesn't work
on GENERIC-7 because when nroff calls malloc and it doesn't match or soemthing.
If I switch back to GENERIC-6 it works OK. I assume that X has a shared library
problem of that ilk. I could be wrong, of course :)

I'm still using the 1.1 libs I got with the distribution. I really should
download the lib source and re-compile. :)

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill