Subject: Re: Internal Video Update
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/16/1996 16:05:16
>> Right now, I'm waiting for two things:
>> 1. The next stable kernel rev
>
>What is not stable about the current kernel rev?

What I mean is, I'm waiting for the "official" 1.2 or at least the next GENERIC
compile. I also need to get the sup kit :)

>        * A few folks are having problems with internal video for X
>          (P550 only?).

Again, I think this is shared library thing. With 1.2 the librarys will be
freshly compiled and I can glue in support so everybody can use the color-kit
X in B/W which should be based on more modern X code.

>        * Still the problems with NuBus interrupts causing some
>          video/ethernet combinations to not work.

This kind of thing could spell problems. I haven't experienced any of these
problems since I use neither NuBus video nor ethernet. That may change soon,
though, so that I can test internal vid/ethernet/nubus vid combos.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill