Subject: Re: PB520 status?
To: Peter Kohler <kohler@ife.ee.ethz.ch>
From: Peter Kelm <kelm@physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/11/1996 22:42:24
On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Peter Kohler wrote:

> A friend of mine is *very* intrested to get NetBSD/mac68k running on his
> PowerBook 520c. I was very excited seeing Takashi Hamada distributing a
> kernel for the 500PBs. However, people seemed to have difficulties to
> run it on other models than the 550c:

...I am already working on it.... but I suppose it will just take a
while...i didnt catch the source of trouble by now...

> My question: Has anyone managed to get NetBSD/mac68k running on a FPU-less
> Powerbook 5x0?

see above. For I am working hard on my diploma thesis this may tahe a
while. I hope to get things done in a couple of weeks. One problem is that
not all of the 040 fpu commands are emulated in the current fpu emulator.

So hold the line.....i will do all I can.

Bye                          Peter

         --- beam me up Scotty, this planet sucks ---
                                                        Plan B
Peter Kelm (kelm@physik.tu-berlin.de)

Technical University Berlin
Physics Department