Subject: Re: "X" - Fatal server error: no screens found
To: Don Woodward, Jr. <dbwoodw@earthlink.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/09/1996 21:26:41
Don wrote:

>My X has not worked since the new intvid and obio stuff became part of the
>kernal. I have a Performa 550 with 12MB of RAM. See the info below for
>details.
>
>Is anyone else running X with a recently (since intvid and obio) built
>kernel?

No luck here either, but I'm also on a 12Meg Performa 550 (without
Ethernet).  The most recent Kernel that I have which still runs X was
built around April 20th.  Every other combination of Kernel or X,
including the newer color versions, produces a nice core dump file.  Is
it only us Performa 550 users having problems, or are others with
internal video experiencing the same thing?

-bob