Subject: Re: DT and white on black
To: Arnaud Blanchard <jblancha@pratique.fr>
From: None <sparta@imsa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/08/1996 16:14:51
Thus spake Arnaud Blanchard:

> Hi,
> I would like to use DT 1.1.3 in White on Black .
> Someone says that I need to modify only grf.c
> But I haven't succesfully modify grf.c.
> So can you give me the grf.c from dt to write White on Black
> ( or a .diff file )
>
> /thanks, jblancha@pratique.fr
>
> PS : Is the Apple 8.24 accelerated video card, working on NetBSD
>      and X11 ( and Dt ). Does it work with the X colorkit ( I  have
>      a IIci with a 13" monitor ( eg 640x480 ))

I could if I could make it work.  I have had the same desire for a while, but
I really couldn't seem to trace down all the functions involved (course, I
didn't give it but a half-hearted attempt)

It seems that most of the code that writes bitmaps to the screen can be traced
back to functions named grf_write and grf_writealigend (forgive the
punctuation), but I can't find the code that erases blank space on the screen,
and I thus can't get it to work.  Also, when I modify the aforementioned
functions the mouse cursor has a bad habit of not adequately disappearing. :)

Beyond that, a body really shoudl modify digraph and kbd stuff so that there
is a command key combiantion to turn this on and off.  Perhaps Valiterri could
point me in the right direction of the code in dt.

Gene

--
Gene Skonicki - sparta@imsa.edu - Of course I'm sane, the voices tell me so.