Subject: Floppy drive access??
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Sartorius <ssartori@cnj.digex.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/03/1996 13:36:25
This weekend I finally took the plunge and loaded NetBSD onto my old
SE/30 (4MB Ram, 80MB HD).  After a few hiccups I got the system booted
and running and was plesantly surprised at how complete it is.  One thing
I can't figure, however, is how to access the internal floppy drive.
During the installation process I did build devices but when I looked
through /dev I didn't see an fd0 (there is an fd directory, though).  A
look through the MAKEDEV script implied that floppy support was
unimplemented.  Am I missing something or is this just a UNIX
configuration issue??  FYI, I used the 1.1 binaries I found on puma in
the snapshot and tarballs directories (snapshot didn't seem to have the
netbsd kernal binary).

Any help much appreciated.

Steve

<no sig. no need>