Subject: Re: Status of Mac IIfx port ?
To: Nicolas Goniak <grand@schtroumpf.via.ecp.fr>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/30/1996 00:18:05
On Thu, 30 May 1996, Nicolas Goniak wrote:

> Is there a way to know what part of the port is missing, ie
>  + ADB, SCSI DMA, OSS, SCC 8530

ADB and SCC support you mentioned next.  SCSI DMA is not supported, though
in theory it could be in the PIO (what Apple calls "slave") mode.  I'm not
sure I would want to use it that way, though... can you say "slow"? ;-)

>  + the two IOPs between busses and ADB transceiver, the SWIM (I guess that
>    should not be the point, as far as it is not yet supported) and the SCC.

There is no support for the IOPs at this time.

>  + Nubus chips : BIU30, CGTO, BIU2 (everything I've seen on the diagram
>    in Designing cards & drivers for Mc...)

In theory, the necessary functions are all done by emulating the older
analogs of these, such as the 6522 VIA chip.

All in all it looks like IIfx support is pretty far out, still.

--scott