Subject: Status of Mac IIfx port ?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nicolas Goniak <grand@schtroumpf.via.ecp.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/30/1996 03:56:28
I'm pretty new to this mailing list. But, as long as I checked all the
web-pages about NetBSD/MacBSD, I have not seen anything about its
successfull port to the IIfx, except that the kind of problems encountered
where of ``other'' type.

I tried this night to make it boot. In vain. It freezes my mac

Is there a way to know what part of the port is missing, ie
 + ADB, SCSI DMA, OSS, SCC 8530
 + the two IOPs between busses and ADB transceiver, the SWIM (I guess that
   should not be the point, as far as it is not yet supported) and the SCC.
 + Nubus chips : BIU30, CGTO, BIU2 (everything I've seen on the diagram
   in Designing cards & drivers for Mc...)
Or does it finally work and I'm too dumb to install it correctly ?

I too want my mac w/ UN*X-like OS !

BTW, how could I help for this to be realised one day or another ?
I just spent three days dissassembling the ADB Mgr, but that's not as easy
as I expected before. Do you have any documentation (for all the IIfx
hardware,) or some hints ? (Just like what discovered M. Zucca on the IIvx
internal Video)

Thanks in Advance.
A+

___