Subject: Internal Video Update
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/29/1996 16:43:46
I'm still working on it! :)

I've moved home from school and I'm still kind of unpacking and I'm going to
pick up a new drive to put BSD on soon, so it might take me a while to get
coding. Patience :)

However, I have learned some new things about IIvx internal video that might
also apply to everyone else.

First off, Rommie really is only partially useful. I've also gotten reports
that it won't work on the 660AV and some other machines. The best bet is
to stick to MacsBug.

Anyway, I had first thought that the video drivers might be located in the
"main" resource that NetBSD looks through. It is not located there but is
instead located elsewhere in the ROMs inside of what looks to be an SResource.
Now that I know where the driver resides I have to see if it is at a standard
location or if I can generate a heuristic or algorithm to find it.

I must say that after looking at the ROMs for a while you can find some
very interesting things. :)

I'm going to put out a new Internal Video survey when I get a moment.

Thanks for all the support so far!

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill