Subject: Installer problems..
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mitchell Haile <mhaile@jeffco.k12.co.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/29/1996 11:28:34
Using SilverLining, I created an 83 meg root, 150 usr, and 32 meg swap
partition on my LaCie Tsunami 1250 external drive (SCSI ID6).  Mkfs works
fine, except it says something like `Warning: 348 unallocated segments',
but it seems to create the fs OK.  However, when I try to run the
installer, it hangs on both my performa 575 (Macos 7.5.3) and Classic II
(system 7.0.1).

sd0 at scsi ID 0
sd1 at scsi ID 3
sd2 at scsi ID 6
Mounting partition 'A' as /
Error on SCSI READ(), #5
failed mountfs(), error 22
Error mounting root.
mount root. : Undefeined error: 0

On my 575, the whole thing hangs, except once it bombed on error 11, on the
Classic II the installer quits, error of 1 or 3.

Help == a good thing (tm) :>

 \o_   Mitchell Haile
_/     http://www.nyx.net/~jhaile/
 |     jhaile@nyx.nyx.net -or- mhaile@jeffco.k12.co.us

You don't have to understand any of this.  Just do it
  --Guy Kawasaki