Subject: Re: Wow, I got ADB working on the 660av :)
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/28/1996 08:14:51
> >> It sounds like a cache flushing problem to me:
> >
> >I had similar problems on the LCII, too. For this reason I'm currently
> >running a kernel with caches completly disabled. What whould you think
> >about enabling the caches VERY lately for all machines?
>
> As long as we have the current push to new machines this sounds like a
> pretty good idea.

Well, we really only have three processors here--the 020, 030 and 040.
There are some issues with the various external cache options on the 030
and 040, but those will be as much or more of an issue late in the boot
sequence as they are early on.

I'd like to fix the code that we've got rather than disable things "for now"
because "for now" can end up being a long time.

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>