Subject: Re: The Debugger
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: Don Woodward Jr. <dbwoodw@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/1996 21:42:51
ADAMGOOD@delphi.com wrote...

>There was a message posted by Jon a few days ago regarding the debugger and
>how to use it/does it have a manual/etc.

Are you talking about the debugger when booting?

I'd be interested also - I've discovered a few commands like "ps" to
display the running processes and "trace" to trace. You can get a list of
commands by typing help at the debug prompt.

If you're talking about the debugger <gdb> (I think) used when programming,
I did a "man" on it and got some good info once when I was debugging an "X"
program I was porting.

Hope some of this helps - you might try the O'Reilley book "Porting UNIX
Software" for debugging info.

-- Don

 |   dbwoodw@earthlink.net            |
 | http://home.earthlink.net/~dbwoodw |