Subject: Re: The Debugger
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/1996 20:41:09
> > There was a message posted by Jon a few days ago regarding the debugger and
> > how to use it/does it have a manual/etc.
>
> Sorry, no info on this one (I know how to sync disks, but that's about
> it).  I think that this question might best be answered by original
> members of the Alice team, since it was probably written by them (people
> like Allen, Brad, and Lawrence).

Actually, the debugger is almost entirely machine dependent and is a
part of 4.4BSD.

Use "man ddb" to get info on it.  This is assuming that you're talking
about the kernel debugger.

> As far as a manual goes, there isn't any real MacBSD manual,

On thing that Colin didn't mention is the 4.4 manual set that you can
get from O'Reilly.  Some things will be different, but it's probably not
bad to have if you're doing a lot with the system--I don't have them, so
I don't know everything that's in there, but you might be able to get at
least table of contents from O'Reilly web site.  If you're a member of
USENIX, you might even get a discount on them.

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>