Subject: Re: The Debugger
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/1996 11:32:16
> There was a message posted by Jon a few days ago regarding the debugger and
> how to use it/does it have a manual/etc.
>
> Since that time there have been no replies.  Does anyone have any info to
> share on this subject?

Sorry, no info on this one (I know how to sync disks, but that's about
it).  I think that this question might best be answered by original
members of the Alice team, since it was probably written by them (people
like Allen, Brad, and Lawrence).

> Jon was worried that all his questions were RTFMs, but hey, I'd really like to
> know about this stuff too.  Besides, can anyone even point us to the manuals
> so that we CAN rtfm?

As far as a manual goes, there isn't any real MacBSD manual, but there
are several sources of information.  If you have questions about how to
configure stuff once you have the system up and running, chances are the
manual pages (i.e. the 'man' command) will have answers for you.  Be sure
to check out the intro pages to each section of the manual for clues (you
can do a 'man 1 intro' or 'man 5 intro').  In addition to the wealth of
information contained in the manual pages, there are a few other sources
of info.  The best place to start is:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/

There are pointers there to such things as HOWTO's and the FAQ.  Everyone
should glance at the FAQ every few months, if only to see what has
changed.  One section of the FAQ lists additions, changes, and deletions,
so you can quickly see what's new.  BTW, the FAQ is about 3 months out of
date (I think), but I should start fixing that problem this weekend.  If
anyone has any suggestions for additions or changes to the FAQ, please
email me.  Keep in mind that I only put in new questions if there is an
answer to them, though.

Later.