Subject: Re: serial mouse emulation for macs w/o adb...
To: None <bsalai@servtech.com>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/1996 07:22:03
> Not to appear ungrateful for the added MicroSpeed support, This
> isn't an improvement. Is the default behavior useful in any sense? It
> certainly isn't much good in X. Could we make specific Microspeed
> support an option in config so it could be turned off and reasonable X
> behavior would return?

The mouse *will* behave properly under X and Microspeed support code
does not interfere with Apple extended mouse code. Default behaviour
is what you get on power-on, you should probably talk to Microspeed
Inc themselves to change that. If you do not like this behaviour (I
did not), you can reprogram the mouse any way you like. The default in
the kernel now is the standard X assignment: left-middle-right,
button-down & button-up on each click.

	Taras.