Subject: Thanks for the all the great work!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven D. Blackford <stevenb@lunatic.ak.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/1996 01:40:20
Hello everyone,
      I've been following this list and the development of MacBSD for the
last few months.  I wanted to say thanks for all the hard work everyone has
put into the effort of MacBSD.  I was hoping to be able to install in on my
Quadra 700, but I know it still has SCSI problems.  So, I went out and
picked up a few more '030 Mac to give it a shot. :-)
      I installed MacBSD on both an SE/30 and my Mac IIsi w/ the tarballs
on ftp.eskimo.com and the X-Window packages.  Installation was very simple
and I had no problems setting everything up.   So I'm finally running Unix
on a Mac.  Over the next few days, I'll be hooking them in-line to my
Pentium running Linux.  From what I've seen the last few days, that doesn't
seem like it'll take too much. :-)  Thanks again.

Take care,

Steve, aka Phoneman
       stevenb@lunatic.ak.net              kb7sqi@kl7aa.#nak.ak.usa.na