Subject: Re: serial mouse emulation for macs w/o adb...
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/23/1996 06:18:11
<snip>>
> > >I thought we had working 3-button mice? Ken Nakata figured out the multi-
> > >button protocall, and (I thought) most non-three-button-protocall
> > >mice used a fake keyboard for option-left-arrow and option-right-arrow
> > >events (mine does).
>
> Besides the mice that support the Apple Extended Mouse Protocol,
> MicroSpeed's Mac Mouse Deluxe (?) has been supported, thanks to Taras
> Ivanenko.  It seems to me that MicroSpeed is pretty easy to get, at
> least in the eastern US.
>
> ken

I haven't been able to play with a kernel that has microspeed mouse support until recently because the new kernels has other problems with scsi that prevented me from running them, but I recently built a SPOT kernel with the other scsi driver and now I find that it recognizes the Microspeed mouse, but the buttons work differently from the kernels that don't recognize it.

The first button (left) seems to generate a single click, the second button seems to generate a double clikc, and the third button (which used to paste in X under the kernels that don't specifically recognize the Microspeed mouse, doesn't do that anymore. It acts like the first button as far as I can tell

Any ideas?

Brad