Subject: Re: scsi/via interruots still hosed?
To: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
From: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/1996 16:57:40

> I saw the same responce to mount -u / The disk is spinning (the light
> is on) but the system hangs. I could still hit the panic switch and
> get into debugger, but what can I do next? First I thought that I
> broke the kernel by my own changes but apparently it is not only my
> problem. I am trying to rebuild mount and friends, I saw on a
> Sparc/NetBSD system that old mount was not compatible with the new
> kernels (I tried NFS mount).
>
> 	Taras Ivanenko.

I had the same problem before, but it was actually related to the disk
that I was using.  It was an older, slower disk that caused it.  I bought
myself a newer and faster disk and the problem went away.  Allen asked
me to try generic-6 to see if I still the same problem on that disk.
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.  Maybe you wanna give it a shot?
Just an idea...

Jon
wookie@us.net