Subject: Re: MkLinux and internal video
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/1996 14:12:01
>> Does anybody know how MkLinux handles internal video?
>
>This is really outside of the scope of the port-mac68k list, I think.
>The code for DR1 of mklinux is out there and available for perusal...

I didn't see the source, only the 50 meg distribution file. I'll check out
the path you posted.

>This is NuBus slot E which is a normal location for
>video on the 68k systems (that's where the internal video on the SE/30
>lives, for example).

I'm not sure if the IIvx is an exception to the rule, or what, but the video
sits in Slot 0. I've been looking at other drivers and they seem to do a lot
more hits on the NuBus-type space. It seems like there's three different
types of video:

1. Card based video
2. Slot "E" type video
3. Proprietary Slot "0" video.

I know the IIvx falls in 3. Doesn't the IIsi fall into that category too?
What I need to do is run a survey and get some information.

>The internal video (in
>mklinux-1.0b3/osfmk/src/mach_kernel/ppc/POWERMAC/video_pdm.[ch]) control
>is all handled through direct methods at 0x50F2400X (CLUT) and 0x50F2800X
>(VIDEO Controller).  The base address doesn't make much sense to me,
>though.  As I said, though, I've just skimmed the code so far.

I'll have to take a look. These are prob. the types of physical addresses
I'm looking for.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill