Subject: Re: scsi/via interruots still hosed?
To: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/1996 13:24:46
> > mounted read-only, so rm complained.  And when I tried to "mount -u /" to
> > get the root partition mounted read-write, the system hung, with the same
> > symptoms as in the 1st boot.
>
> I saw the same responce to mount -u / The disk is spinning (the light
> is on) but the system hangs.

Perhaps I wasn't clear with my message yesterday.  SCSI is broken in
current.  SCSI has pretty much always been broken, but it's really
broken right now due to a change in how the VIA interrupts are handled.
I'm working on it.  If I can't get it fixed, we'll probably back off
to the old via code, but that would be a step in the wrong direction.

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>