Subject: Re: Better term drivers...
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/1996 00:57:06
On Sun, 19 May 1996, The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] wrote:

> On Sun, 19 May 1996, Paul Goyette wrote:
>
> > Try `<esc>[0m' which resets all video modes, including blink, bold,
> > underline, and reverse.
>
> This could probably be done more simply if I knew how to send escape via
> the echo command, but otherwise, create a file called normal.c

Actually, this does solve some problems, but not all.  When I scroll
through previous commands, I use <esc> k (vi keys).  That does not give me
a new prompt, it just changes the stuff on the line.  I still end up
having the problem with previous chars left over on the line if the
current command is shorter than the previous.

I am thinking that there may be other term problems as well.  For
instance, in Pine, when you compose a message, if you delete out an
address, the text does get deleted (the software knows about it), but the
text on the screen does not get erased.  (Does that make sense?)

Another thing is that I use vi keys for my command line.  When I go back
to the beginning of the line and attempt to insert new text, my console
shows me actually typing over the text.  I can escape out to vi mode, hit
'j' or 'k' to go up or down a line and that will show me what is actually
typed out.  I hope that this is comprehendable.  If not, please let me
know and I'll explain.

Thanks for the help,

Jon
wookie@us.net