Subject: Re: MkLinux and internal video
To: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/22/1996 00:55:28
> Does anybody know how MkLinux handles internal video?

This is really outside of the scope of the port-mac68k list, I think.
The code for DR1 of mklinux is out there and available for perusal...

There is some tie-in in this case, though...  The HPV (High Performance
Video) card (direct slot) is partially supported.  There is no support
for NuBus in mklinux, yet (apparently--I've just skimmed the code so far).
The HPV is accessed by direct methods at 0xFE001000/0xFEC00000
(video/control).  This is NuBus slot E which is a normal location for
video on the 68k systems (that's where the internal video on the SE/30
lives, for example).

The internal video (in
mklinux-1.0b3/osfmk/src/mach_kernel/ppc/POWERMAC/video_pdm.[ch]) control
is all handled through direct methods at 0x50F2400X (CLUT) and 0x50F2800X
(VIDEO Controller).  The base address doesn't make much sense to me,
though.  As I said, though, I've just skimmed the code so far.

-allen

--
  Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>