Subject: vm_fault on 1.1
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Claude Precourt <beaucomm@infobahnos.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1996 22:15:54
Thanks Allen for your help, but...

Even with the first patch to the kernel I am still unable to
boot properly. However, I noticed that I get the

vm_fault(10c000, 8bb6000, 1, 0)
and the
trap type 1, code = f66d, v= 19e4a39

when my computer needs to refresh the screen. In single user mode,
I can do:
#date
12/12/96...
#
and get another prompt. But since this prompt is at the last line
of my screen, any command I try hangs me up. I try the command
<clear>, but this one hangs up immediately.
Hope these hints will help you to help me!

--Claude

>Hmmm...  Some IIci users reported this behavior with NetBSD 1.1.  Is
>that what you're running?  It shouldn't happen with current kernels.
>You can get a new kernel to try from:
>        ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/briggs

Claude Precourt, realisateur/director
Machina Pictura (Montreal, Quebec)