Subject: Re: SE/30 Ethernet Cards
To: Paul Carter <paul@maclincs.demon.co.uk>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1996 19:46:29
On Wed, 22 May 1996, Paul Carter wrote:

> Hi David  et el
>
> This may sound really daft but what do I do with Generic-6.gz now that I
> have it?
>
> What is Generic-6.gz ?
>
> Where are the docs available for installing Generic-6.gz ?
>
> I have un zpped it using Macgzip !

Assuming you were careful and unzipped it in binary mode, all you need to
do is run the installer, enter the minishell and use cpin.

If you put the generic kernel in the same directory as the installer, it's
a lot easier.  Just

cpin netbsd.generic-6 netbsd.generic-6

and then, move your old kernel to something like netbsd.old and move
netbsd.generic-6 to netbsd.  (mv <old location> <new location>)

Hope that helps,

David

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |