Subject: Re: Powerbook 165c and a missing console
To: None <harrylax@mail.algonet.se>
From: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1996 17:35:33
Harry,

I don't believe it, but IT WORKS!  After a year of messing around with the
booter, I can finally try running MacBSD through the serial connection!  The
key was Allen's tip about the power saving feature / serial port being
powered down on the PBs.  Once I left ZTerm on on the PB it booted all the
way through to trying to mount root!  I still can't believe it.

Anyway, the kernel I'm using is GENERIC-6 from Puma.  I haven't tried all
the other test kernels, but I'm not sure if I need to.  I mean, none of the
kernels allow you to boot a PB with out the serial port, do they?  (That would
be too much!  I'm already blown away that this works at all!)

Anyway, thank you for all the help and the tip.  Also, thank you thank you
thank you to Allen Briggs and the whole MacBSD team for accomplishing some
really unbelieveable things and sharing them with all of us!

Thanks again,

-Adam