Subject: Re: Powerbook 165c and a missing console
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Harry Laaksonen <harrylax@mail.algonet.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1996 20:26:38
>Harry,
>
>I've been having problems getting my PB160 to do the same thing.  I noticed
>that none of the kernels boot serial when you have the modem port selected,
>but if the printer port is selected, the boot processes DOES get out of the
>booter (of course it then hangs at the MMU on my machine).  So try it with
>the printer port.
>
>Meanwhile, could you please tell me where to get the kernels you've been
>trying?  I'd like to try them on my machine.  Does the 165c have an FPU?  Is
>it's MMU different than the 160s?  Good luck with everything.  Let me know
>how it goes.
>
>-Adam

The 165c certainly got an FPU, no question about it. It's basicly the same
machine as 180 and 180c which runs MacBSD and so do my 165c at this moment.
Guess what, I loaded Zterm, switched to booter and presto my SE/30 acted
like a good old terminal showing all the good stuff and I was able to
login.

The MMU. I have no answer if its similar like the one 160 uses.
The kernels.  The ADBTEST kernel is aviable at URL:
http://www.microserve.com/~jpw/adb.html

The Kustom Kernel by Walter Reutten is located in Germany at URL:
ftp://ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de/pub/NetBSD/kernels/

Thanks Allen for the tip !

/Harry

email: harrylax@algonet.se
www: http://www.algonet.se/~harrylax