Subject: Re: SE/30 Ethernet Cards
To: Paul Carter <paul@maclincs.demon.co.uk>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1996 11:36:58
On Tue, 21 May 1996, Paul Carter wrote:

> I have the Asante IIsi/SE/30 card in my SE/30.
>
> Should netbsd11 work on my hardware? or do I need a later version?

>From my experience, NetBSD11 doesn't work well on much of anything.  Get a
current kernel.  The one I have had the best success with is ADBtest #110.
I haven't tried anything newer than that, though.  I couldn't get Generic
2 or 5 to work, though other IIsi users seem to be using them without
difficulty.

ftp://ftp.microserve.com/popaccts/h/jpw/www/kernels/old/ADBTEST.110.gz

works for me just fine.

ftp://ftp.microserve.com/popaccts/h/jpw/www/kernels/current/ADBTEST.137.gz

Ought to work, but I haven't tried.  The generic kernels may also work for
you, at

ftp://puma.macbsd.com/outgoing/briggs/Generic-6.gz

or thereabouts.

> What do I need to configure to allow Telnet from second Mac on Ethernet network?

Now that, I don't know.  My box still doesn't have ethernet (SCSI box).

Hope that helps some,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |
<SIG>                                                                   |
|               The only difference between life and death              |
|                  is that life will eventually end....                 |
|_______________________________________________________________________|
|     THE ELEVENTH COMMANDMENT:         |   If there is one constant    |
|                                       |       in this universe,       |
|         And the Lord Said,            |          it is death.         |
|        Thou Shalt Not Quote           |            --Soran,           |
|            signatures....          ___|___   Star Trek Generations    |
|___________________________________|  ,,,  |---------------------------|
|                                     |o o|                             |
|/-------------------------------vvv--'-v-'--vvv-----------------------\|
|___|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|____|
|_|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|
|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|_|