Subject: Re: looking for a patch to Apple's HDSC
To: Wada, Tatsuaki <wada@ee.ibaraki.ac.jp>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1996 11:14:14
On Tue, 21 May 1996, Wada, Tatsuaki wrote:

<snip>

> I'm looking for the patch to allow apple's HDSC program to be used with
> non-Apple drives,

<snip>

> >        but this program is not very highly recommended.

Don't know why it's not recommended.  I've heard about one report of a
failure... but that was with a drive that probably had other problems.  As
long as the drive's otherwise working decently and is relatively current
(please, no 40 meg Quantums from inside IIsi's :-), I would think it would
work just fine.

I also have never heard of a patch, only a pre-patched version that's
floating around.  FTP to mug.utm.edu and cd into apple, then get the file
AppleHDSCSetup7.3.2+.hqx and try that.  If you don't go into the system by
hand, the complete URL should be

ftp://mug.utm.edu/STAFF_APPS/Gopher/MUG/pub/apple

and nothing should be case sensitive, as the FTP server is running under
MacOS.

Hope that helps,
David

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |
Signature drastically shortened by popular request.