Subject: Re: looking for a patch to Apple's HDSC
To: Wada, Tatsuaki <wada@ee.ibaraki.ac.jp>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1996 09:40:46
> I'm looking for the patch to allow apple's HDSC program to be used with
> non-Apple drives,
> because I've a problem with APS2.7.3 when using MacOS.
> There is the following comment in the FAQ.
>
>         here is also a patch to allow Apple's HDSC Setup program to be used
> with non-Apple drives,
>          but this program is not very highly recommended.
>
> I'd like to know why this patch is not so recommended. Is there any serious
> problem with it?
> If not so, I'll use one, to say nothing of on my risk.

I think that the reason this comment is in there is that someone had
written that they did not like the feature set of Apple's HD SC compared
to commercial programs like FWB's HDT or LaCie's Silverlining.  I would
assume the program actually works just fine (i.e. it makes partitions
that work), but it might be more difficult to use than other programs.

If you are looking for the patch, it is available at any umich or
info-mac mirror.  Look in the disk utilities directory.  It should be
fairly obvious which one it is.

Later.