Subject: Re: Current kernel
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1996 08:48:30
On Mon, 20 May 1996, Allen Briggs wrote:

..
.. Apparently the ncrscsi0 driver was depending on a bug in the via interrupt
.. handling.  I'm looking into the problem, but it looks like it will still
.. be broken in the version of current that will be available on Tues.
..
.. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone.
..
Is this the reason for my newly supped/rebuilt kernel of yesterday to hang
just after recognizing grf0 at macvid0 -- it just stops, and if I type
anything on the keyboard, it will immediately panic. The stack trace looks
(as far as I recall) like trying to handle a key-up event while some
disk-handling functions (sdxxxx) are already on the stack ?????

(Mac IIcx, elderly apple nubus video card, several disks, extended
keyboard)

regards
Erik Bertelsen