Subject: looking for a patch to Apple's HDSC
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wada, Tatsuaki <wada@ee.ibaraki.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1996 11:17:12
Hi all,

I'm looking for the patch to allow apple's HDSC program to be used with
non-Apple drives,
because I've a problem with APS2.7.3 when using MacOS.
There is the following comment in the FAQ.

        here is also a patch to allow Apple's HDSC Setup program to be used
with non-Apple drives,
         but this program is not very highly recommended.

I'd like to know why this patch is not so recommended. Is there any serious
problem with it?
If not so, I'll use one, to say nothing of on my risk.

--
Tatsuaki Wada
       Dept. Electrical and Electronic Engineering