Subject: MacBSD on a LC475
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Figuiere <Hubert.Figuiere@inforoute.cgs.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/21/1996 01:57:03
Hi all !

I just tried to boot MacBSD on my LC475 using booter 1.9.1 and both
netbsd550c_21 and netbsd500 kernels.
It failed, but I have never gone so far before.
It freezes after erasing the screen and displaying
[ preserving 96167 bytes of netbsd symbol tables ]

Could anyone go farther?

My Mac:

LC475
12MB RAM
1 Gig HD (MacOS only)
Toshiba x6 CD
Zip 100
Sonic 10BaseT Ethernet Card, unplugged from Network
14" Monitor set to 1 bit
System 7.5.1, 32bits enabled, VM off, no extensions.

I was booting from MacOS, just to test, to check where I could go.

Since the LC475 has a hardware the ressemble to Q700 (as I have been told),
does it exist a kernel that work for Q700. I couldn't find any info on last
month archive, and I'm a new subscriber (in fact I just resubscribed after
several monthes off).

Any help appreciated.

Hub

--