Subject: SCSI problem
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tobias Riediger <100042.2533@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/20/1996 13:28:00
I just installed NetBSD on my IIsi. While booting into multi-user mode I get the
following errors:

sd1(ncrscsi0:1:0): illegal request, data = 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 00 c8 00 00
sd1(ncrscsi0:1:0): illegal request, data = 00 00 00 00 24 00 00 00 c8 33 0c

These two messages are repeated several times and won't go away. Sometimes after
logging in as root and after invoking some commands I find myself in a low-level
debugger.
When I boot into single-user mode anything works fine and I can even mount all
my partitions. The errors appear when I switch into multi-user mode. I think it
has something to do with the start of swapping.
My configuration is as follows:
IIsi with 17MB of RAM
NuBUS adapter with 68882
internal graphics 13" color screen
SCSI:
ID1: LP80S with an Mac HFS partition
ID2: LPS525S with 150MB Mac HFS partition
	60MB Root Slice as /
	230MB Usr Slice as /usr
	34MB swap space
ID3: Apple CD 150
ID5: ZIP 100

Before NetBSD I never had problems on the scsi bus so I think the bus must be
configured correctly. I used A/UX on the LPS525S without getting errors from
scsi.
I also tried disk drivers from System 7.1, 7.5, A/UX 3.0 and Ontrack DM. Nothing
solved my problem.
Any ideas what's going on here? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks for your time
	Tobi