Subject: Re: PPP and Router Concerns
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: pjnaro <Paul.J.Naro@cpmx.saic.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/20/1996 09:10:37
Well, it's up :-)  Not under PPP (which is what I'd prefer to use, but my
ISP has a problem with) but with cu & slattach.

I loaded httpd and ftp'd my site over to it to provide a backup while my
ISP changed their tables to point to the 206.* network instead of the
class B address it was pointing at.  If you want to see the performance
of a IIsi running on a 28.8 with httpd, check out
<http://router.infront.com/>.

A couple more questions...

1. Using cu and slattach works, but I don't think it will reconnect if
the modem hangs up.  This is a bad thing.  Since I can not run pppd to my
dedicated port, that is not an option :-(  Is there any other SLIP method
available that will AUTOMATICALLY reconnect if the modem drops?

2. Has anyone ifconfig'd an alias to I can point an IP (say 206.247.9.20)
to my main IP for the machine (206.247.9.1)?  The reason is I'd like to
host a low volume http site off of it.

Regards

Paul J. Naro
Interactive Frontiers, Inc.