Subject: File System Errors on IIcx
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Carlson <stevec@accessone.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/18/1996 21:49:59
Hi,

Lately I've been having problems with file system errors on my IIcx.  I get
errors similar to this:

>sd0(ncrscsi::0:0:0): medium error, info = 1347905 (decimal),data = 00 00 (etc.)

I get several such errors and I'm unable to run any programs at all.  Is
this something I could have done? I installed NetBSD on my HD about a week
ago and since then have run into this problem twice.  The first time I
remade the file system and reinstalled NetBSD.

I'm definitely new to NetBSD and only slightly familiar with unix.  Can
anyone tell me where I should go from here?  Also I'm interested in unix
programming.  Are there any books out there that anyone would like to
recommend?  I'm familiar with C/C++ and programming on the Macintosh so I
shouldn't need a tutorial.

Thanks,

--
Steven Carlson